Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Emerging Instructional Technologies Reflections

UNI - June 16, 2008

Today was our first day of Emerging Instructional Technologies class on campus at UNI. It was great to have face-to-face communication with all the members of the cohort. I have felt a little disjointed by not having this opportunity. I feel more grounded after meeting.

Some of the ha-haws I experienced on Monday, were working with the Google docs/pages, mobile tools and tinyurl.com. I can see using Google docs/pages in my classes. For starters, I want to include a spreadsheet form which encompasses all of my beginning of the year questions. This will be tallied into one location for me to have easier access.

I loved the Goog-411 feature. In the trunk of my car, I have an outdated telephone book, so I can find any phone number and/or address of a business when I'm out and about. This enables me to have access to updated information at my fingertips at any time and any where. Fabulous!!

The http://tinyurl.com website resolves an issue I have discovered with my various postings – urls being too long. This is a tool I know I will use on a regular basis to help simplify my postings without always having to link to a name or title.

When I have the opportunity to practice the new concepts with hands-on activities I have better retention. I appreciated having the time to do this. Thank you.

No comments: