Thursday, June 19, 2008

Emerging Instructional Technologies - Today in Class

We had the opportunity to attend a data storage center here in Cedar Falls, IA - TEAM. This is a data center which is responsible to store information for a variety of nationwide businesses. I loved seeing all the concepts my students and I discuss in class put into real-life. Sometimes we get too caught up in my lab situations and it is positive reinforcement to see the same ideas and skills we discuss in class alive and well in the real-world. Thank you Dr. Zeitz!! I was WOWED!

Today we discussed digital videos and the opportunities they offered to be used in classroom instruction. I thoroughly enjoyed the technology of Jing. A lot of my curriculum centers around step-by-step instruction in order for the student to have success in implementation of the concept. Jing enables me to have another method of presenting the series of steps to the student. This type of technology can be used as a simple set of steps with or without audio. It is easy to use and I can save it to my computer. However, one could save it to a website like Screencast in order to have access to a link on the web. I like the flexibility and ease of use it can offer one.

Dr. Zeitz shared with us how to obtain a domain. I've been curious as to which websites to look at for this technology and how much it costs. I'm going to check look around and see if I could find a domain in my daughter's name.

1 comment:

aishah said...

I always like your blog post. It is because you always comes with different ideas and information. For a reference, here I have some referral for you in this link https://www.resumewritingservice.biz/resume-writing-services-in-indiana/ to find more information on a resume writing.
Thank you very much for this amazing blog. I like it!